Lush Haul & First Impression!

00:51

Before I start, let me put out a disclaimer.

I was not paid by Lush or anyone to do this. I used my hard earned money to buy all of this products. And all of my thoughts on the products are 100% genuine.

Let's be real. I'm a Lush virgin. I've never tried Lush ever in my whole life and FINALLY the day has come. One of the main reasons as to why I had never tried Lush was because of how freaking expensive the things are there like seriously if I could trade my tears for money I'd just have to enter Lush and I'm pretty sure I can get enough cash to purchase stuff there.

For those who don't know what Lush is, they're a cosmetic company which uses mostly fresh, organic and vegan products. What's best is that they are against animal testing! With Lush, you know you're not putting a ton of crap chemicals on your face so hey, even tho it's pricey, it's worth the penny!

So when I entered Lush yesterday, I was literally shopping like mad. Seriously you don't wanna know how much I spent in total. Trust me when I say this, do your research. And that's exactly what I did for weeks before confirming what I wanted. I have quite a weird skin type which some of you may have too so you can consider this products. I'd say my skin type would be combination but ever since I've started working in an air conditioned place, my nose and cheeks started to be very dry and flaky when it's usually the oiliest spots. But most of the time, I'm oily on the T-zone and dry on the outside perimeter of my face. 

(In case any of you are wondering, I went to the Lush at Suntec City Mall and the girls there are such sweethearts! Look for Zoe and Mandy if you're planning to head down!)

Ok, lets start with the products! I'll go according to how I would use it in the shower.

Most of the time, I go to work with a face full of make up. When I get home, my face is all clogged and greasy and I need something to get rid of all the make up I put on. Most of the time, I use my Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof mascara and let me tell you this things is a bitch to take off and I'v been on a hunt for a good make up remover. The ones I bought was,

Ultrabland 100g (S$39.00)



This thing seriously works like magic. I put it on my dry skin with make up still on, rub it around and used a dry cotton pad to remove all the excess cream. Now, as much as I love this thing at taking my make up off like a dream, it is made of beeswax so those with oilier skin, you guys may hate this baby afterwards. But it can be fixed with a face scrub/cleanser/exfoliant. But other than the tiny bit of  annoying film on my skin, I really really think this works wonders to remove make up. They say ultrabland doesn't have to be washed with water but I feel super icky if I don't so I do it anyway.

9 to 5 95g (S$18.00)

Can you guys see how excited I was to use this thing until the words got rubbed off hahaha
Anyway, compared to ultrabland, 9 to 5 is definitely a lot lighter, less greasy than ultrabland. I wouldn't say it removes make up as godly as ultrabland did but it works well if you guys are looking for a quick and easy cleanser. For this, I'd squeeze some out onto a a dry cotton pad and again massage it on my face then using a wet cotton pad, I'd remove all the dirt and make up off.

In terms of which one is better at removing make up, I'd say ultrabland is the way to go. But if you're the type of person who is lazy to really spend time to properly was off, 9 to 5 would be your best pick!



Upon cleansing my face, the next thing I would do is to use body scrub. Bare in mind, you don't need to use body scrub daily so maybe use it 2-3 times a week would do. 
The body scrub I got was

 Rub Rub Rub 350g (S$29.50).




I FREAKING LOVE THIS THING. The body scrub has sea salt in it which is what helps to exfoliate and scrub off any dead skin. Seriously guys, I can't even joke about how good my skin feels after using this. From the tub itself, it says that it can be used as a gentle exfoliant if used on damped skin, a rough scrub when used on dry and also shampoo. I've tried using it both wet and dry and the results are still as fantastic. I have yet to try it on my hair tho. The colour of the product is ridiculously pretty too! Personally, I'm generally okay with scents so the orange blossom smell was tolerable.

The next product I used after exfoliating my skin is shower gel. Now, the person I am, I really hate using bar soaps or any type of solid soaps. I much prefer shower gels. Trust me, Lush's shower gel will not only leave its scent in the bathroom but the whole house. After taking my showers, the whole house would smell of whatever shower gel or product I used! And I have to say, I've tried many shower gels with expectation of the smell to stay on my skin and so far, Lush has done a better job out of Bath & Body Works, Face Shop, Crabtree & Evelyn etc.

I only got two shower gels which are both limited edition due to the Christmas period since the girls at Lush told me I can always come back next month to get It's Raining Men (which smells like honey but is not too in-your-face type of scent) and The Olive Branch (which is super underrated! It smells divine.)

Rose Jam 250g (S$32.00)


Okay so the weird thing is I HATE the smell of roses but there's something different about the smell of this shower gel. The rose smell is no where near overpowering but it is strong. When I saw it in the shop, I immediately stepped away because seriously there's nothing more that I hate than the smell of roses and lavender. It is definitely flowery but you can still detect the subtle scent of vanilla in it which I think is the reason as to why I got hooked to it instantly. I guess almost every thing I got from Lush makes your skin a lot smoother and softer because the shower gels don't make me feel like a squeaky clean rubber but it cleanses well enough to leave your natural moisture behind. Definitely a 2 thumbs up! Sadly, it is limited edition and is only available at the end of the year so I will definitely repurchase this the next time.

So White 250g (S$32.00)

I don't know what it is about this shower gel but I instantly fell in love with it the moment I smelt it. Literally, it smells like my childhood. That's how I would describe it. It smells fresh and clean and crisp and you can definitely smell the apple. I generally love anything green apple scented so this was definitely a win for me. Essential oils is one of the ingredients used so I guess that's the reason as to why I felt so relaxed and happy when I used it. Similarly to Rose Jam, my skin feels so smooth after using this.

I think so far, the next product is one of my favourite buys. It's pricey as heck but I think it's worth every single penny.

Ro's Argan Body Conditioner 225g (S$58.00)



Oh sweet mother. This thing is like heaven for dry skin and also lazy people who hate putting on body lotion after showers. As the name suggests, this is a body conditioner similar to how a hair conditioner would work. When I first tried this product, I was weirded out. Basically you're supposed to wash your body with shower gel. After rinsing, you put this bad boy on and wait for about a minute or so to let it sink into your skin similar to how a hair conditioner would. I did exactly that and I went like wtf is this? is it suppose to be like this? eeewww i hate this?!?!? so much regrets for wasting my money! 
BUT.
I figured it out.
I swear this thing is just weird. It takes time to understand its beauty but when you do, it'd be your holy grail.
So basically, when washing this off, let the water wash off the first layer by itself. DON'T rub your skin yet. When the cream has been washed off, you slowly rub the remaining oils into your skin. It's really weird at first but you'll get the hang off the way the product feels. It basically feels like washing your hands when butter or oil has been smeared on it. BUT SERIOUSLY DON'T LET THAT TURN YOU OFF. Because oh my goodness, my skin just feels like cotton candy. Plus it smells exactly like Rose Jam so when I paired it with each other, I was in rose heaven. Did I mention, they used Argan Oil this? If you guys don't know, argan oil helps to nourish and hydrate the skin so it stays soft and supple.

Moving on, I then proceed to wash my hairrrrr. I didn't buy any shampoo from there only cause I really hate how the shampoo smells ugh BUT there is one conditioner which is just ugh delicious!

American Cream 250g (S$34.00)

EEEEEPPPPP. I LOVE HOW THIS MAKES MY HAIR SO FREAKING SOFT AND THE SMELL IS JUST DELICIOUS. Can I just leave it like this? Lmao. Seriously tho, this conditioner is sulfate free, which means in doesn't strip off your natural oils and leave it all too clean and frizzy. Not to mention, it smells like strawberry milkshake with loads of vanilla ice cream. Seriously. I can drink this. Or not. Just go get you some of this baby and you will thank me. Go. Now.

Alright, so after my whole body is done, I've dried and wrapped myself in a big fluffy towel, I go back to my face. At this stage, my whole bathroom smells like all types of flowers and fruits and all those good stuff. Continuing on to remove any extra grease or make up, I used

Angels On Bare Skin 100g (S$25.00)



I don't know how many times I have to say this but this is another product which makes my skin feels so soft and supple and bouncy and clean and good basically. I don't know if you guys can see it but there are literal dried lavender in there. Angels on bare skin is another one of Lush's best sellers which can be used for all skin types. The lavender and rose water used in the product helps to calm any irritation to the skin and it actually gives a natural healthy glow once you're actually used it. It is also made of ground almonds which works alongside the lavender to gently exfoliate the skin. I now understand why this is a cult favourite. I can foresee myself getting tubs of this baby in the future cries. How you basically use this is just take a small pea size amount, put it in your hands and add in a little bit of water to form a past before cleansing your face with it. The first thing I picked up was the smell of the lavender. It is pretty potent if you ask me but then again, I put aside scents fairly easily so it was okay. There is another facial cleanser that I have been dying to try which is Let The Good Times Roll cleanser.

After cleansing, I proceed on with toner and moisturizer. And yes, my whole skin care routine is now based on Lush products.

Eau Roma Water 250g (S$28.00)

What I do next is, I spritz a few pumps of this toner enriched with Rose Water and Lavender Water onto a cotton pad and distribute it on my face. I haven't used any other toners so I can't compare based on other brands. But so far, this toner had made my skin feels soft and refreshed. The Lavender water also helped calm my irritated skin around my cheek area and reduced any redness on my face. So far, I love this! If I'm not wrong, they have 2 more toners which I will try after I run out of this one.
 Celestial 45g (S$45.00)



When I first used Celestial after toning my face, I was a bit unsure on how I liked this product. Maybe it was because I took a tad bit too much and my skin wasn't drinking it as I would've liked it to. The first time I used it was before I went to bed and trust me, I hate going to bed with a greasy face but when I woke up the next morning, my skin felt so good! It wasn't greasy at all, it was well moisturized, hydrated and it felt really good! I've learned that to benefit from this baby, a little does go a long way. So now, all I need is a little dab from the tub and smooth it all over my skin to make it feel super hydrated and moisturized, And yes even with oily skin it is important to moisturize. I would probably NOT repurchase this only because of the price point and also because Lush does carry a whole range of moisturizers which I'm dying to try.

Last but not least, a face mask. Face masks aren't suppose to be used everyday but wow after using this face mask I wish I could use it everyday!

Cupcake 75g (S$26.50)


Take this as a treat for yourself when you're going to have spa nights. This mask is good for oily and teenage skin. When I used it, oh, the smell of this. I seriously think it's almost good enough to eat! But I really don't recommend doing so. Usually when I do decide to use this mask, I'd cleanse my face first, apply the mask, wash it off and the continue with toner and moisturizer. If you guys want supple and clear skin, try this baby out. Not only does your skin feels refreshed and soft and clean, it smells freaking good, I can't even lie!

All in all, I really love all of the products I have bought from Lush. YES they are freaking expensive but I truly believe it's worth every penny and yes I did buy all of this in one shot. Shake your heads all you want but when you guys try all the products I've mentioned, you'd understand why I never regretted spending a single penny on them. 

I'm still putting this products to test so maybe when I run out of y products, I'll update my thoughts on this items again. The next time I visit Lush, I'd probably try out the bath bombs and bubble bars. Wait for a review on those!

If you guys are still unsure on what to get from Lush, you can always visit their website or watch videos from YouTube. It definitely will help. It may overwhelm you when you step into Lush but take your time to smell and test everything out before running out of the store with empty hands (-:

Now for the grand total of my crazy spendings.........

S$370.50 

I know. 300 BUCKS. Yes. I'm crazy. 

That's all for now!

-Nu.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe